Sunday, November 24, 2013

C4T #5

C4T #5
When Kayla was Kyle


This week I was assigned to watch video about transgender. A child presents the book When Kayla Was Kyle by Amy Fabrikant and why this book should be available to students.  Within the video, he gives the definition of a transgender and examples. Then he goes on to tell the story within the book which is about a boy who got picked on for playing with dolls. After having his parents accept him be started dressing like a girl. This book addresses a topic that is not discussed often but needs to be. Some students may feel this way but their peers pick on them instead of reassuring them it is okay to be different.

In my comment I said I thought this was a very interesting video. He pointed out great reasons for this book to be in schools. I said that this book not only addresses transgender but also bullying which is a major issue.  I stated that I liked how the book encourages students to be who they are.



No comments:

Post a Comment