Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blog Post 16



I want my students to have the options to learn in different ways. I will be teaching the third grade. I want to teach this grade because they are so eager to learn. I plan to rearrange my classroom up as needed. I will have the desk arranged into groups so that the students can discuss about what they are learning. I also want my students to be able to work well and have the proper social skills to communicate with their peers.

My classroom will be mainly hands on. I do not believe in using worksheets for my students to learn. I will incorporate projects into every subject at least once a week. I myself need to have projects that are hands on to stay engaged in the class so I do not want my students to do the same. I also want my classroom to have an environment that the students are comfortable asking questions in front of their peers and participate in class discussion.

I plan on using the SMART Board for most of my instruction. I am still amazed at how much an be done on the SMART Board. I also plan to use the SMART Board Exchange because it has lesson plan already on there that I can modify. I will use the SMART Board because it is interactive and the students are more likely to stay engaged. I do not want to be in front of the class lecturing the entire class I want the students to be able to interact and learn from what each other are thinking.

I will also have a class blog and the students will have a blog of their own. On the class blog I will post a few times a week if not daily on what we are doing that day or throughout the week. When we do projects I want them to be able to video them and post them to their blogs. I will also have them do assignments on their blogs and they will have to comment on their peers work. It will be beneficial for the students to get feedback from their own peers and not just the teacher. Their parents will also be able to see their progress in the class.

As I have stated I want my classroom to be hands on. In my first blog post I was referring more to individual projects but after doing projects as a group I have changed my mind some. I do want my students to do some projects individually and some with their classmates. I have found that if they are a group they can learn from each other and also learn how to work with their peers more. I think now that I would have my students make iMovies for some of their projects because the options are endless on how to do a project on iMovie. I want my students eager to explore the different options that these types of things can have.

1 comment:

  1. The assignment for the written part of this post was to compare the school you wanted to build with your current thoughts on the questions raised in that assignment. Where is that comparison?

    You stress the importance of hands-on learning. You also express enthusiasm about SMARTboards. My problem with SMARTboards is that I feel they undermine hands on learning. The money goes into a tool that can be use by only one person (or a very few) at a time. Would it not be better to spend that money on personal tools which assure hands on learning? I think so.

    Yes, there is "no need to be a procrastinator." In face, there is a need NOT to be a procrastinator. You are making progress in that regard. Can you keep it up without group pressure?

    ReplyDelete