Thursday, August 22, 2013

Practice Blog Post




My name is Chelsea Calvert. I live in Foley, Al. My entire life I have lived in Baldwin County. I chose to attend the University of South Alabama because it is a major university and it is close to home. For now, my main focus is on finishing school and working. I have two older and two younger brothers. I treat my little brothers as if they were my own children because growing up I had to watch them while my mom worked. One of my older brothers has three girls and one boy so I always have someone to go visit. Our family is extremely close, even though I do not live at home anymore I see them at least once or twice a week. My little brothers play three different sports so I have always games to go to. When I have any free time I love you go to the beach or lay around a pool. If it is a rainy day I am always up for shopping.

Growing up I have always had a lot of children younger than me around. I think this played a big role in how I decided to study to become a teacher. I would help my little brothers with their homework every night. When I was in high school I was in a program where I would tutor students at the elementary schools near my high school. I did this for two semesters. I would also mentor a student at the high school. While I was tutoring the elementary students is when I realized I had a passion for helping children. I love being able to watch them figure things out and how excited they get once they do. I love volunteering at the Marietta Johnson School of Organic Education. I want to become a substitute this semester to get more experience in an elementary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment